headerimg

versity confirms this too. Resear

in Feedback 26.11.2019 02:40
von xuezhiqian123 • Schrecken der Wildnis | 835 Beiträge | 4175 Punkte

Some people say we live in the Information Age.

I call it the Distraction Age.

My new hometown is Distractionville. Everything and everybody shouts Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale , "Hey, look at me!": E-mail, Internet, TV Cheap MLB Jerseys China , telephone, newspaper, radio, family and friends. The Distraction Faction is as bright as the midday sun and louder than a freight train in Distractionville.

I have had conversations lately with many small business owners about promoting their businesses for more sales. Traditional methods of advertising are more expensive than ever for the results they offer. Newspapers Cheap MLB Jerseys , magazines, radio,TV and Yellow Pages worked well in the past but due to the increasingly shortened attention spans in Distractionville, these methods for getting information to your customers aren't getting results.

Business owners tell me they are often exasperated when their regular customers tell them about buying goods or services from another vendor that are readily available from their own businesses. The owners think what kind of customer loyalty is that for all of the service I offer to you? The owners say to the customers Cheap Sports Jerseys , "We offer that, too, you know".

"I didn't know you did that!" is the response from the customer.

Even if the customer should have known from your previous marketing efforts, it doesn't matter. The sale is lost forever.

How can you get your message heard and seen in Distractionville? Consider increasing the decibel level of your business by using some of the following ideas adapted for your business:

-A florist offers to put bosses on a tickler list for advanced contact and products for secretary's day for next year.

-The tire shop presents a coupon book of free tire rotations with every sale of new tires to get customers back for oil changes Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping , brake inspections, etc.

-The dress shop calls its best customers to annouce the fall line is in with the customer's size in stock.

-The computer repair service mails post cards to customers with older systems annoucing a special on systems upgrades and wireless networking.

-The coffee house offers coupons to each customer for a discount on its fresh baked blueberry muffins for the next visit.

-The lawn service puts door hangers on current customers' doors with weeding and edging service information.

The solution for promoting all of your business goods and services to your existing customers is simple. Find new ways to tell them what you do. Then tell them again a different way. Then to be heard and seen above the roar of the crowd of Distractionville, tell them one more time.

Three easy steps:

1. Do it
2. Do it
3. Do it

No Such Thing as Multi-tasking

Women like us will brag about how many balls they can juggle at one time. We think of ourselves as the queen of multitasking. Well, I've got news for you Cheap Jerseys Wholesale , and e is no such thing as multitasking. Research from the

American Psychological Association says that this so-called multitasking actually reduces our productivity by 40 percent! So, it's time to be a quitter, lose the multitasking and make some money.

The Truth Behind Multi-tasking
Here's what multitasking is..

Multitasking is nothing but task-switching. Instead of doing many things at once, task-switching actually splits your brain in two.

Here's the science from :

Whenever you need to pay attention Cheap Jerseys From China , an area toward the front of the brain called the prefrontal cortex springs to action. This area, which spans the left and right sides of the brain, is part of the brain鈥檚 motivational system. It helps to focus your attention on a goal and coordinates messages with other brain systems to carry out the task. While the right and left sides of the prefrontal cortex work together when focused on a single task, the sides work independently when people attempt to perform two tasks at once.

Researcher Etienne Koechlin who studied the brain's behavior mentioned above says that although we can easily switch between two tasks Cheap Jerseys China , 鈥渨e might be in great trouble when we try to juggle more than two tasks, simply because we have only two frontal lobes.鈥?p>

There is also evidence that it can take your brain 15 to 25 minutes to get back to where it was after stopping to check email. I'd say that zaps your productivity big time!

Multi-tasking Makes You Stupid

No kidding. There is scientific evidence that multitasking, or task-switching, lowers your I.Q. Researchers at the Institute of Psychiatry at the University of London studied 1 Cheap Jerseys ,100 workers at a British company and found that multitasking with electronic media caused a greater decrease in IQ than smoking pot or losing a night鈥檚 sleep. IQ drops of 15 points for multitasking men lowered their scores to the average range of an 8-year-old child.

A study out of Stanford University confirms this too. Researchers compared multi-taskers to single-taskers and found that the single-taskers performed better on their tests. Psychology researcher, Anthony Wagner summed it up. 鈥淲hen they鈥檙e in situations where there are multiple sources of information coming from the external world or emerging out of memory, they鈥檙e not able to filter out what鈥檚 not relevant to their current goal. That failure to filter means they鈥檙e slowed down by that irrelevant information.鈥?p>

Be a Quitter! Stop Multitasking and Make Some Money

Productivity expert, Vanessa Loder Cheap MLB Baseball Jerseys , offers in Forbes magazine some simple steps to losing the multitasking mindset (and no it doesn't include smoking a joint!). She calls it a "power hour" that includes working in 20 minute intervals on one thing that is separated by moments of rest and simple movement or stretching. Rinse and repeat for each task or project you're working on. Loder also says to be ca all Jerseys[/url]

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1571 Themen und 1868 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen